We are looking for an Activity Coordinator to start working with us at Talbot Lodge Nursing Home.
At Talbot Lodge Nursing Home, part of the Brookhaven Healthcare Group, based in Malahide, Co Dublin, we strive to achieve a sense of home for our residents through providing excellent care in a happy environment where residents feel respected and supported. We have 92 bedrooms, a large kitchen, four dining rooms, six sitting rooms, a library, an oratory, gardens, a fully equipped hairdressing salon, and recreational rooms that all residents have access to.
An activity coordinator’s job description at Talbot Lodge includes planning and executing activities for the elderly, including outings in the community, art and music programs in the facility, and any special events. Duties can include purchasing the items needed for activities, setting up rooms for activities and events, and overseeing the residents to ensure they are safe and following the rules and instructions. Problem-solving and communication skills enable you to develop appropriate activities and communicate instructions, so the residents understand the rules.
Free Employee Benefits
- Free access to all the family and extended family members to Aviva’s ‘Best Doctors Second Medical Opinion’ service
- Free meals
- Free training to FETEC level 5
- Free Garda vetting
- Free uniform
- Discounts on car, home, and travel insurance of up to 25%
- Free travel insurance to Europe where an employee has both car and home insurance with the same provider
- Pharmacy discounts; 20% on non-prescription items, 10% on prescription
Other Employee Initiatives
- Access to a unique banking scheme with Croí Laighean Credit Union
- Employee referral cash incentive scheme
- Employee recognition awards
- Employee appreciation events throughout the year
- Access to a pension scheme
- Access to Bike to Work scheme
What are the qualifications/skills needed?
- Relevant qualification in Healthcare/Social care
- Experience in a similar role
- Completion of Sonas & Imagination Gym courses (desirable but not essential)
- Enthusiastic, caring, reliable and empathetic nature
- Strong Communication skills
- Fluent level of English, both written and oral
Contact us now to arrange an interview and a tour of our Home.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From €13.50 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Malahide, CO. Dublin: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location