Health Care Assistant
Healthcare Assistant needed for An Teaghlach Uilinn Nursing Home, part of the Brookhaven Healthcare group.
An Teaghlach Uilinn, part of Brookhaven Healthcare, is situated in Moycullen, County Galway. It is a purpose-built designated centre for older people. The centre provides accommodation for a maximum of 77 residents and is close to the village’s amenities and surrounding area.
We are presently looking for Healthcare Assistants to start working with us. We offer one of the best benefits packages to Healthcare Assistants in Ireland at Brookhaven Healthcare.
Free Employee Benefits
- Free access to all the family and extended family members to Aviva’s “Best Doctors Second Medical Opinion” service
- Free meals
- Free training to FETEC level 5
- Free Garda vetting
- Free uniform
- Discounts on car, home, and travel insurance of up to 25%
- Free travel insurance to Europe where an employee has both car and home insurance with the same provider
- Pharmacy discounts; 20% on non-prescription items, 10% on prescription
Other Employee Initiatives
- Access to a unique banking scheme with Croí Laighean Credit Union
- Employee referral cash incentive scheme
- Employee recognition awards
- Employee appreciation events throughout the year
- Access to a pension scheme
- Access to Bike to Work scheme
An Teaghlach Uilinn currently has vacancies for FETAC Level 5 qualified H.C.A.s. Your role shall be to provide residents with the highest standards of care within this Nursing Home. You will operate under the daily direction of the Senior Nursing Staff and act as the primary carer for our elderly residents. Along with providing clinical care, you will also supervise hygiene, nutrition, and residents’ mobility. You will be part of a clinical care team led by a Staff Nurse. You will be rostered weekly for a number of defined shifts.
Moycullen is a commuter town located a 20-minute drive to Galway City or 35 minutes on public transport. Everything you need is available in the town, and whether living in Galway City or Moycullen, this area offers a fantastic quality of life.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From €13.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Galway, CO. Galway: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Healthcare Assistant: 1 year (preferred)
- QQI Level 5 in Healthcare Support (preferred)