Talbot Lodge Nursing Home is now looking for a Maintenance Person to join the team full-time.
At Talbot Lodge Nursing Home, part of the Brookhaven Healthcare Group, based in Malahide, Co Dublin, we strive to achieve a sense of home for our residents by providing excellent care in a happy environment where residents feel respected and supported. We have 92 bedrooms, a large kitchen, four dining rooms, six sitting rooms, a library, an oratory, gardens, a fully equipped hairdressing salon, and recreational rooms that all residents can access.
You will work 8 am – 5 pm Monday, Monday – Friday.
Overview of the role
The person will be responsible for ensuring a high standard of maintenance of the building and grounds. The role will entail carrying out repairs within the Home and of equipment efficiently, within their capabilities and in accordance with company procedures and standards, meeting health and safety regulations.
What does the role entail?
- Maintaining areas for which you are responsible and in a safe state.
- Preserving and improving the grounds throughout the year, including:
- Gardening and Ground Maintenance
- Pavements and cement groves are kept free of weeds.
- Ensuring grounds are always swept and free from rubbish.
- Carrying out repair requests (where capable)
- Painting or decorating small areas of the Home to maintain the standard of decoration.
- Maintaining record files for appliances, fixtures and fittings and recording all tasks undertaken, e.g., checking of fire doors, fire alarms, hot water temperatures etc. and taking action to correct if fault found either by themselves or request for service engineer via Home Manager/Nurse in Charge.
- Assisting with the cleaning of chairs and windows within health and safety regulations, light fittings, kitchen walls, extractor fan, etc. as requested by the Home Manager in consultation with the Catering Manager.
- Ensuring all rubbish collection area is kept clean and tidy and compound to be washed and disinfected. Bins are left out for collection and returned to the compound weekly.
- Monitoring of building interior and exterior for any signs of deterioration and report to the Home Manager
- Adhering to Health and Safety at Work Act – conducting risk assessments and adhering to COSHH regulations
- Reporting accidents
What are the skills and experience required?
- Previous experience in Facilities Maintenance.
- Good demonstrable knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Ability to spot safety risks and address needs quickly.
- Ability to motivate self and work on own initiative.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
Given the nature of the work, it must be stressed that maximum flexibility is required. This job description does not attempt to detail every activity. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed upon with the post holder periodically.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From €15.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Malahide, CO. Dublin: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)